Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Prologue

So, once again, this little blog has gotten pushed to the back burner. Because when real life hits, sometimes it hits hard and fast, and you just need a few minutes to take a breather. To let it all register. Try and find a good foothold, so that maybe the next time it won't knock you down as hard.

I don't think I've found that foothold yet.
But I'm trying.
And that's half of the battle anyway.

I've thought of so many posts that I wanted to write. Maybe something about being "home" - or better yet, what home is. Once again, I'm trying to be a runner-girl so I tried to get something going about that. A post about Maggie, because let's get real, girlfriend is basically my favorite thing on the entire planet.

But none of those felt right.
Too forced.

Tonight while I was being trying to be a runner-girl, I got to thinking about this blog. What it has meant to me - how it has helped me. There are all kinds of blogs out there: fashion, lifestyle, mommy, diy, food - you name it. And as much as I would love to belong to several of those different titles, I'm not sure I fit.

I don't write as often as I should. I originally thought that I would write at least every other day, just about my everyday life. I thought I would want to capture every detail. But you see, I've been too busy off living those details to bother putting them down - and isn't that way better anyway?

As it is, this blog has collected the big stuff.
The heavy stuff.

But there's a subtle theme that runs throughout.
A little ribbon that ties all of it together.
Something that I feel gets mentioned in every post.

You see, I want my kids to read these words. To see these lessons. To know my voice, without ever having to hear me speak. I want them to know that they're not alone, and that others have gone before them, and faced battles head on way before they were even here. I want them to know how much I love their Dad, and about our lives whenever we were starting out.

I want them to know how much they were wanted.
Loved. Needed. Cherished.
Long before they even came to be.

I want this blog to be a love letter to those who will come after me.

So years, from now, whenever my kids read these words, I hope they know, that even now I was planning, loving, and praying for them. I hope this may become as much as a lifeline for them as it has for me. 

And who knows, maybe one day they will sit down and write their stories out for their children.

What a legacy that would be to leave behind.




No comments:

Post a Comment